Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bike Trip Take 2

Day one is now done!  We started the trip officially in Victoria at the Mile 0 marker and made our way back to Vancouver.  It has been awhile since we both have done some heavy riding so we were both a little rusty.  I struggled cycling back to Swartz Bay to catch the ferry because we didn't have time to eat or take decent breaks along the way.  So it was constant go go go.  

Anyway, next up is the ride through British Columbia.  I am a bit worried about weather conditions though.  Might be running into snow along the way and that definitely won't be fun if that happens.

Mile 0 marker in Victoria.  The official start of the trip!

I have always enjoyed going to Victoria, it is a nice city.

Passed a huge pig along the way.  

I was quite tired at the end of the day but I had to fit in a walk for Cody.  I am certainly going to miss walking him.  He does enjoy his walks.
  

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, we met very briefly as I was cycling out of Mulege in Baja and you two were arriving.

    I was very sorry to hear about the incident in Honduras but it's great that you're back on the road travelling again!

    Good luck with the journey!

    Nico

    ReplyDelete