Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pre-Game Warm-Up

With all this free time Trevor and I went out for a cycle to the Sunshine Coast yesterday.  Funny I have never been out there before and it is only a short ferry ride away from Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver.  Shame on me.  I guess that is how it usually is for a lot of us... we seldom explore our own surroundings.   

On the whole it was a good day out.  We didn’t really eat whilst en route and that later reinforced the point of how important it will be to be properly nourished.  I do like to eat so that shouldn’t be a problem. 

Also worth mentioning is I fell.  Yes, fell… off my bike.  Toppled over going up a hill.  But I must admit it was as good a topple as one could ask for.  No harm done and my bike is fine.  Basically I was changing gears, something downstairs jammed, and I couldn’t clip out in time.  I think I have been doing okay with the clipless pedals thus far but still getting used to them. 

But I wasn’t the only who fell!  Trevor tumbled as well.  I missed the show but he told me he just lost his balance… no excuse really.  As a result, he came away with a small cut on his knee.  Don’t worry, he will live to see another day.   

I guess these mishaps probably would not instill a lot of confidence in many seeing how this was our first big outing on the bikes.  Rest assured I am confident this will not be a common occurrence as I have fixed my problem and Trevor… well… he just said he was careless.

Anyway, I am optimistic to depart this week.  Something has to go down because we need to get this show on the road!  

Trevor at Sargeant Bay Provincial Park… proudly showing off the cut on his knee.
Me somewhere along the Sunshine Coast.  Have to say I am really liking my bike attire… very comfortable and I am representing Vancouver!  

No comments:

Post a Comment