Friday, July 15, 2011

So Far So Good

The first two days have been long and somewhat tiring.  We put in the extra effort to get to my aunt and uncle's place in DuPont, Washington.

It likes to rain a lot in the Pacific Northwest.  I thought maybe since it is summer, it wouldn't be so bad.  I was wrong.  Right off the bat from Vancouver it poured rain.  It wasn't nice.  We were drenched head to toe for some time but it later cleared up so at least we went to sleep dry.  

The border crossing went surprisingly well.  I have never had it so good.  I think since we were on bicycles and told them of our plan around the world we got a little special treatment.  Within five minutes we were back on the road.  Sweet deal.  

Tomorrow we will be on the U.S. Route 101 which will take us all the way to Mexico!  

Me in front of City Hall in Vancouver... the start of the world adventure!

Me along this nice, scenic road somewhere in the Puget Sound region.  

Trevor eating a bulrush.  Yum.  On the topic of food, he was disappointed he broke his ten year boycott of McDonald's.  It had to happen eventually as we need to eat a lot of fatty foods for cheap.  

Our campsite on the first night.  I wasn't expecting to stealth camp so early but it had to be done.  It was a pretty good spot all things considered.

For all you coffee lovers... the first ever Starbucks!  The place was packed to the max at Pike Place Market in Seattle.

Me in DuPont, Washington with my aunt Maria.  A big thanks to her and my uncle Joe for letting us crash at their place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment