Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Californication

In Oregon and Washington I kicked Trevor's ass cycling.  The tables have turned and now it is game on for him.  His new Brooks seat has made a huge difference and he is taking me to school and some.  To make matters worse I have been getting stomach pains that come and go.  Not fun at all.  Trevor then gets annoyed with me because I hold him up.  

To match Trevor I picked up a Brooks saddle in San Francisco.  They are awesome.  Love it.  Downstairs feels nice.

Anyway, we keep meeting interesting and cool people along the way.  I plan to write more about them when I get a chance.  A lot of Americans are scared senseless of Mexico.  Told us it is a no go.  People go down there and never come back.  But then there were some cool guys who said to ignore the BS and just go.  It isn't as bad as it seems.  I liked those guys.  

I absolutely loved cycling from Santa Barbara to San Diego.  Passed nice spots like Malibu and Santa Monica.  Did plenty of cycling alongside the beach and saw plenty of people strutting their stuff.  I didn't see as many attractive girls though as I thought I would.  The OC was nice as well.  Not the television show but the county.  I have never seen the show.  

We are now in San Diego and will cross into Mexico tomorrow morning.  Now time for me to brush up on my espanol because I am going to need it from here on out.    

Me on a boat passing Alcatraz.  The weather took a turn for the worse when we entered San Francisco.

Our worst night was just outside of San Francisco.  We rode up a mountain late at night in the dark to make it to Mount Tamalpais State Park only to find out it was closed.  So then we ended camping out on the side of the road under these trees.  Both Trevor and I were in one tent it was so cold and wet.  

Can you guess what bridge this is?  No?  I don't blame you.  We couldn't either.  But under the clouds is the Golden Gate Bridge.  Too bad for Trevor this was his first time in San Francisco.  Wasn't a great day to be there. 

Me and some of the Big Sur!  Nice cycling around there.  A bit hilly at times but good times overall. 

Fat elephant seals chilling and relaxing on the beach.  Funny watching them.

I told Trevor to be on the lookout for Jack, Chrissy and Janet.  Yes, I was humming the theme to Three's Company while passing through Santa Monica.  Good times there.  

Huntington Beach aka Surf City USA.  There weren't any surfers in this photo but along the coast they were out doing their thing.  

Today is my birthday.  I usually am not a fan of my special day but today I was happy to turn 29.  Mostly because I got a free grand slam meal from Denny's!  Thanks goes to my mom for telling me about their free birthday meals.  I celebrated not once, twice, but 6 times.  Yes, 6 grand slam meals throughout the day.  Don't worry I wasn't a piglet, I shared them with Trevor.

1 comment: