Monday, August 22, 2011

Journal Entries - August 22nd, 2011 - My Butt Hurts Again

Not much to say today except that my butt hurts again. After making fun of Kevin yesterday, because he was having a bad day on account of the unrelenting hills and he was feeling a little under the weather, the tables have turned and it’s my turn. Towards the end of yesterday I was feeling the effects of some chafing in my neither regions. Nothing I couldn’t handle but definitely something I should have dealt with that night. I was lazy (too busy eating and sleeping I guess) and today I paid the price. This morning, minutes after hopping on my bicycle, I can feel the effects of chafing. No matter how I repositioned my butt it got worse and worse. Usually I’m able to keep up with Kevin with ease. Today he was constantly waiting for me. The chafing was unbearable. To make matters worse it started raining at the end of the day (the first time it’s done that while in Mexico while we’ve actually been on our bikes). At first the rain helped sooth the chafing. Not for long though, minutes later it made it a whole lot worse (water creates a lot of friction).

We only ended up doing 114km on the day. A pretty pathetic showing. I’m not making that mistake again. Tonight I’m moisturizing. Chafing be gone!

To top the day off I’m also developing a cold (arggh… the first time I’ve been sick in a year and a half). Yesterday it was at the sore throat stage and today it progressed into the sniffles. Tomorrow it should progress into the sniffles and coughing. That should make for another crappy day tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment