Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Love/Hate Relationship With the Wind

The wind at my back pushes me up mountains.

The wind in my face makes me feel like I’m going up a mountain.

The wind’s breeze cools me on hot days.

The wind’s sting chills me on cold days.

The wind dries me off after a rain storm.

The wind freezes me to the bone during a rain storm.

The wind’s strong gusts at my back boost me forward.

The wind’s strong gusts at my side throw me off balance.

The wind’s breeze keeps me cool during an uphill climb.

The wind rushing past makes me cold during a downhill descent.

The wind keeps the flies away.

The wind throws dust in my face.

The wind in the late afternoon cools me down after a long day’s cycle.

The wind in the morning makes me cold as I prepare for a long day’s cycle.

The wind dries my wet tent.

The wind makes it hard to setup my tent.

Do I like the wind now?

No.

But ask me again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment