Friday, August 12, 2011

The Lizard and the Snake

On the side of the road a small lizard spies a half full Coke bottle sitting there. The bottle is without its cap so the lizard approaches to take a sip. As the lizard gets closer a snake appears out from behind the Coke bottle. The lizard stops dead in its tracks.

The snake asks, “What’s wrong? Don’t you want some of this tasty drink?”

The lizard nervously replies, “If I get any closer you’re going to eat me.”

The snake answers, “I will do no such thing. I’m just out on the road sunbathing and would like some company. Go ahead and take your drink I won’t bother you.”

The lizard stays silent and backs up closer to the side of the road.

The snake says, “Don’t go. I merely want some company. I promise I will not eat you.”

The lizard again stays silent and backs up, this time making it off the road.

The snake says, “Why are you retreating? I promise you no harm.”

The lizard stays still not uttering a word.

The snake calls out, “You must be parched in this dry heat. Come over here and take a dri...” But before the snake can utter another word, up from behind comes me on my bicycle running over the snake.

The lizard, after I’ve passed and the road is once again clear, hops back out on the road and makes its way to the Coke bottle to take a sip.

Always be aware of what’s coming from behind when you’re out on the road. There are some crazy drivers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment